Welcome to Food Microbiology blogs

Welcome to the personal blog of Food Microbiology. This blog contains information about the microbiology of food and anything related to food microbiology. Articles in this blog comes from various sources. So, if there is an article I published on this blog and I forgot to include the source. I apologize and please contact me immediately at jurnal.farmasi @ gmail.com

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I. Introduction



Except for a few sterile food, all foods harbor one or more types of microorganism. Some of them have desirable role in food, such as in the production of fermented food, while others cause food spoilage and foodborne diseases. To study the role of microorganisms in food and control them when necessary, it is important to isolate them in pure culture and study their characteristics. Some of the most simple technique in use today for studies were developed over the last 300 years; brief description is included here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment